It's been a long month, and the month still has a few days in it. I have had hardly any business at the shop. A month without sales is not good. I am so frustrated. I am doing all I can but to no avail.
Sorry to those who come here to check up on me, I haven't had the time to post regularly. The days are pretty full with getting the mornings taking care of the house, the afternoon at the shop, schooling the girls and caring for James. At night, I am caring for the animals, playing with the kids, working on meal plans, food lists.
I bought onions today to dehydrate. The local produce stand had a good buy on the, along with cantelopes. My eldest son has a bumper crop of tomatoes that he is giving to me, he has all he wants. I will dehydrate those also. I really wish I could have planted a garden this year, but it was not to be...those pesky goats need to get under control. The fence issue was resolved, now if they will only stay behind it...I think it should be higher, but my fence guy worked hard, and I hate to add my two cents in...
Still decluttering, and re-arranging living spaces trying to find the right fit, and flow for a such a small living space. My last hold out is around the wood stove. I stack too much on it when it is not in use ;-)
In the winter it will need to be put to use.
The cabin has been insulated. Praise God! I have all the batteries recharged and all the lanterns ready for use. I've inventoried my food stores and am filling in holes. Also determining what just isn't worth storing as we don't eat it all.
We've taken up archery, I may have mentioned it earlier. Hannah is getting pretty good at hitting the target. Hoping it is a useful skill. Looking up possible competition stuff. I wonder if 4H has archery??Hmmm..have to check that out.
Babies are all over the place here, goats, puppies, kittens, and coyote pups. No sign of any parents, just hear the pups and see them every now and then. Pretty cool!
I am so thankful to live out here. It's nothing new, though still wonderful, to hear the Redtailed hawk call out as I hang up laundry. We have flocks of dove, bob white, quail, a variety of birds (red wing blackbird, scissor tail, cardinals, etc.), turkey, badger, snakes, scorpions. Lots of wildlife for the kids to study. It is a pretty cool way to live.
We are doing great, kids are growing like weeds. James is walking, talking and generally has a mind of his own. Very strong willed boy!
Hope everyone has a good evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment