Happy New Year! Welcome to 2011! We had a wonderful evening of fellowship on New Year's Eve. Family and church friends came out and spent 6 hours with us! We sat around the bonfire, talked, made Smores, set off fireworks, and rang in the New Year!
I love entertaining out here, and it is so nice when people brave the weather and are willing to come out to visit, despite our not having a large enough home for them to sit in. Keeping the bonfire going last night was a big priority. We managed to burn up the large pile of pallet wood we had. I had picked it up free from a friend. It took two trips in the van to get it all here.
We had very unhealthy food. I filled the roaster will cheese sticks, taquitos, chicken fries, hot wings, sausages, pizza rolls. We had chips and brownies too, along with sodas, tea, water, and cocoa.
We finally made it to bed around 1 a.m. Everyone bugged out shortly after midnight. This morning when taking my eldest son home, I noticed there had been a grass fire at the front of the property. It burned itself out. We aren't sure what it was cause by. It looked like it came from the roadway, so it could have been a cigarette, or it could have been a spark
The weather was cold last night, and will be down to 29 tonight. The fire is going strong, and keeping the place toasty warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment