I'm so tired, and I didn't even do much physically today. We went into to Lowe's where I bought a gallon of porch paint to cover the deck at the land, then Rodney decided not to paint it until it dried out all the way.
I stopped by the meat market, and bought one of their freezer packages. It should last at least 6 months, so I am happy with that...I then stopped at the bakery and purchased some of their day old bread. My bread machines quit on me, and my oven isn't working, so I have no way to bake bread at the moment.
My last stop was at the feed store to purchase some grit and oyster shell for the chicks.
After Rodney got off work, we met him at the land, where he and Taylor put together the frame for the gazebo. They got it all done, complete with mosquito netting screen, and the canvas canopy. It rained for about three hours straight. I cooked dinner in the rain. The table umbrella kept me mostly dry, and then I kept the lid on the grill closed as much as possible. I really like the propane grill, it's so much easier for me to start and use then the grill we use with wood. The other evening I cooked hot dogs on the grill, along with chili to go on top (I don't eat it like that - yuck) and a can of ranch style beans. Along with some cut up fruit and water, that was dinner. Very simple and fast.
Once the guys had the gazebo completed, we were able to sit under it, and keep somewhat dry, though we were all a little damp from trying to crowd under the table umbrella. Once my batteries are charged, I'll take a picture of the deck and gazebo. This will give us a place to camp out, up off the ground away from the snakes and ants, and a nice shady place to sit during the day.
Well, I am off to bed.....
No comments:
Post a Comment