Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yesterday, would have been my dad's 60th birthday. Wow! that sounds old. My sisters, and my family got together last night to eat at the land, and to bury my dad's ashes, along with the hub cap from his 1958 Chevy on the land. We also got a crepe myrtle tree to plant beside the area, where we placed his ashes. The 19th will mark one year since his death. It was very emotional time for me as I tried to pray, prior to placing his ashes in the ground. Ann had to finish the prayer. I am glad there has finally been a disposition to the ashes, as they have sat on my book shelf for a year, covered by a little American flag.

It was a nice evening, though towards evening, the wind picked up, and lightening started. There was a beautiful rainbow set among the darkening sky, and it was wonderful. I wish I had remembered to bring my digital camera.

Rodney took all of us for a mini hay ride around the property, so that my sisters could see our land. I discussed a little of my plans, mentioning where I wanted to put the goats and my beehive. Of course, I was made fun of a little, but oh well, such is life. Ann really liked the land, and kept saying how beautiful it was out there...I offerred my sister Ashley the opportunity to come out and build her tire house, but doubt she will take me up on my offer.

*****

We enjoyed our brief trip to Kentucky, with the exception of the air travel. I wish we could have stayed longer.

1 comment:

Bob Westbrook said...

A rainbow, God's little touch at this moment. It's good to make plans and even better when they come about. I want to learn about bee keeping too so let me know how that goes.