Came home from co-op to find that Dolly had delivered her baby. We thought she had been pregnant when she came to us, but not so sure. If she was, the dad is a Nubian, if not it is one of our Boer bucks.
Initially, I thought the baby was a girl, not sure now, will have to go out and double check..Apparently, does and bucks have teats, and you have to check under their tail to verify the sex.
Cold weather set in last night, and it beginning sleeting last night around midnight. Rained, and sleeted all morning, only to be broken in by a few small moments of SNOW flurries! Yes, that is right ladies and gentlemen, I said SNOW. IN SOUTH TEXAS! We have an 80% chance of additional snow tonight, with a low of 28. Yeah!
It is cold today, currently 38, and I have been using a lot of wood to keep the woodstove raging hot and the container snuggly warm.
Getting ready to put the makings for soup in the crockpot for tomorrow's lunch.


No comments:
Post a Comment