There was a time in my life when this blog was my lifeline. I still miss writing in it daily. It helps me to decompress, and provides a record of what I have accomplished, and the goals I still need to meet. I always have maintained this is for me first, and to keep my family updated second.
Our littlest goat girl, Dakota, had her first doeling on Saturday, May 15th. A really cute and TINY baby girl, we have named Kaya. She has skunk striping/ or zebra striping. I'll try and get a picture here for posterity.
The days have been busy. Most days are spent at the shoppe, getting things in order, dealing with customers, sewing and getting the girls school work completed.
I am looking for someone to make cute little aprons. If you are interested, please contact me. I have had several people ask recently. The think is, I live and do business in a small town. The people here don't have a lot of money, and so won't spend a lot on a frivolity. So, a $5 apron is about what will sell. I sell a lot of books and used clothing, and every now and then a craft item, but I do need more. So, let me know if you have a craft/handcraft you'd like to include in the shoppe. I am more than welcome to include it.
I have started that 14 days Colon Cleanse. Hope that isn't TMI - LOL. I have been reading this book by Kevin Trudeau regarding Natural Cures. I am desperate and am tired of being in pain so am following the steps in his books. After the CC, I will be doing a Liver, Gallbladder, Bladder, Kidney and finally a Candida Cleanse. If you can get past his grumblings with the FDA and the FTC it's a valuable resource. Though he does have a huge point regarding government control, one that I definitely share.
We've had a lot of rain, and flooding this past week. The weather has been chillier at night the past couple of them, and I have been able to turn the AC off. The bad thing about that is I can hear the dogs barking all night, the crickets chirping, the bull frogs at the pond, and the branches of the lone tree/bush behind the "cabin" scraping against the side/roof. All combined, I wake up often. Plus, throw in a baby nursing every few hours, and it is a great recipe for grouchiness the next morning. (I did sleep great last night though.)
Well, off to check the laundry. I needed jeans for tomorrow, and being me, left it until it was pitch black outside. So, now I face the myriad of June bugs buzzing around, plus the chance of stepping on a rattle snake. I need to make sure the dogs walk in front of me on the way to the Wash House.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment