Wednesday, October 6, 2010

African Fat Cakes

We have a new missionary family from Africa in our co-op.  This family is here to study at the Baptist University of the Americas to get their theology degree.  The mom and daughter are really sweet, though a bit shy.  The little girl's name is Johannah, and she is 6.  One of the classes being offered this semester at co-op is a study on Missions.  Apparently, the class studied South Africa and made a really good treat on Monday.  It was so good, I immediately came home and looked up the recipe.  I found a really good one at http://www.foodfunfarm.blogspot.com/.  They are called African Fat Cakes or Mandazi.  There are several types, but the one I made is made from a dough and not a batter.  Here is the recipe:  http://foodfunfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=Mandazi  ENJOY!

Have to go get Violet's head out of the fence AGAIN! 

No comments: