Sunday, October 24, 2010

Harvest Moon

It may not be officially the harvest moon, but since it is harvest time, looking at the full moon reminds me that it is that time of year again.  I always like the moon this time of year, it looks so big, and is more yellow than white. 

The horses are doing good, prospering and growing used to being part of our family.  We have a couple of goats due to kid any time now.  Their udders are getting nice and large, so that is a good indication of impending labor.

A few days have been quite chilly already, but recently it has been in the high 60's at night.  We are expecting a cold front this coming weekend, just in time for Halloween.  Our congregation isn't partnering with another church this year to help out at their Fall Festival.  So, this year we will be at home.  I'd love to have people over, but many don't want to drive so far.  Of course, they think nothing of my driving the distance to participate.  Hmmm, me thinks I know a bunch of lazy people. ;-)

I had a visitor.  Brenda from one of my homesteading yahoo groups.  She was driving through the area with her mother, and stopped in for a few hours to visit.  I was very excited.  No one ever wants to come visit me, so it made it extremely special, at least to me.  We showed her around the land, talked about gardening, animals, and living off grid.  She currently has lived off grid for about 7 years.  I would love to get to this point, but it will take a bit of time, money and work.

I'd like to encourage any readers that happen to check in here, that a time of rising inflation is in our future.  I strongly believe we are in the middle of a depression, and it will get worse for a while.  I am trying to acquire hard assets that will see us through these tough times, but am not sure if I can get it done in time.  Please pray for guidance and wisdom during this time.  I am making a list of things to be done, and prioritizing them.

Well, I am off to get our lunches ready for co-op tomorrow.  Have a good week everyone!

No comments: