Sunday, April 18, 2010

We have had  a lot of rain this week.  The grass is growing tall, and the chance of snakes is high, so I am constantly alert, and after the kids to watch themselves. 

Today we have a break in the rain, and it has been a beautiful sunny day.  We stopped and purchased an oval galvanized tub for the shower, that way the girls can take a bath, they are getting tired of showers.  The round one we had was too small, and I needed it to water the animals. 

Yesterday, James picked me daisies, only the flower head, no stem.  I had a handful.  He'd pick one and bring it to me, then would waddle back and pick another.  After I had a bunch, we carefully floated them in the water.  He was really excited, but would have kept picking if I hadn't called him away from the flowers.

The shoppe is taking up a lot of time.  I like having it, but I think I need to be more realistic with the hours and cut back some.  I need more time for the girls school work, and more time at home.  I really can't stand the clutter in the place, and need to find a place for things, or just get rid of the stuff altogether.

I can't wait until the grasss dries out some, that way I can use the mower to cut the grass around the house.  I like it when everything is nice and neat, it is just so difficult to make the time with a baby hanging on your skirt.  I love him dearly, but it can be overwhelming at times.

I am glad warmer weather is here, though with it comes the "yuck" feeling inside the cabin.  I have the windows and door open today, and am determined not to turn on the AC until it gets hotter.  I don't know how long I will last though.  It gets just unbearable sometimes.  I pray for a mild summer, and praise God for the rain, and abundance of grass. 

No comments: