Today the horse rescue people came out to evaluate our land for possible fostering of three horses. We spent last evening going around the entire perimeter of the land picking up trash and brush. Picked up two small trailer loads (yikes) and burned it all.
We have been approved for the horses. We have plenty of grass and water for them. We also have enough panels to make two pens, with enough tin to make a three sided shelter for the horses.
Dolly, the dairy goat, is looking quite puny. We have isolated her in the pen, away from her baby. She is still nursing the 6 month old baby, and I think it is taking too much from her. I am giving her free choice coastal, 12% protein goat feed laced with bicarbonate of soda and molasses. I will put a salt/mineral block in there tomorrow. If she doesn't look improved in the next few days, I'll get some alfalfa, which has a higher level of protein. I'll check on her tomorrow to see if she looks better. The positive thing is that she doesn't have scours (diarrehea).
1 comment:
I love reading your blogs. It makes me feel in-touch. Keep them coming.
Post a Comment