Monday, July 28, 2008

I am desperately trying to get back into my routines. I was up early this morning and along with Taylor and Lauren's help have managed to get the living room, foyer, bathroom and hall picked up and vacuumed. Taylor is doing the dishes now. I have put a load of laundry in, and started the soup for lunch. Candi and her kids are coming over this morning, so that has also motivated me to pick up a little. I am so lethargic that it's not even funny. I feel okay until right after lunch then I need to lay down. Sometimes I recoup around 4 p.m, but often times I am in the bed until evening. It's very distressing and depressing to not be able to do the things I need to do. Rodney is getting a little frustrated I can tell, but hasn't said anything so far. I hope he knows that I am doing the best that I can right now, with the kids help.

We had a day of fellowship yesterday at church. We meet at the pastor's home the last Sunday of the month for an abbreviated worship service, and then to spend time together, where normally we need to rush off. The pastor firmly believes in the fellowship concept as spoken of in the Book of Acts. He has founded our congregation with this belief as one of the concepts, along with spreading the Gospel, of course; believing we can only help others once we learn to be compassionate with those around us.

On Saturday, the girls and I, along with one of my sisters, Ann (she's a year younger than me) drove to Cedar Park for my brother's finance's bridal shower. It was very nice, and a lot of fun. The girls enjoyed participating, and making scrapbook pages for Vanessa, though those pages may be the ones she won't use. Who knows. LOL! On the way to Cedar Park we stooped at a fruit and veggie stand, and a small town candy shop, as well as, stopping for lunch in I believe Blanco. Not too sure of the town. We chose to drive the scenic route to avoid all the traffic that normally is present on IH35 through San Marcos, New Braunfels, and all the way to Austin. We were able to bypass the traffic mess the entire way. The girls watched movies on the DVD and listened to music on Ann's iPhone, while she and I talked about lots of stuff. It was a fun day.

No comments: