Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I receive KLOVE's encouraging word for the day in my email. Today's verse was Romans 5:1, "Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us". A great reminder for me today.

In Psalm 18:6 it states "In my distress I called to the Lord, I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."

I have been feeling depressed for the past year and a half, and feel I am slowly climbing my way back up. This past year has included too many changes, and I am not one for changes. I also like being in control, and it's been a hard refresher course learning that I am not.

Another thing on my mind lately is evangelism. The Bible calls us to witness to others, and to tell them about the Good News of God's love, and how he sent his son to die for their sins, so that all may come to him and go to heaven. I have been very lax in this area. I don't have too many people that cross my path that need to be told this....I need to be more aware of those who come into my life that God wants me to talk to....by staying home and only hanging around other Christians I am not doing what God wants me to....I have hidden behind caring for the kids, home schooling, being pregnant, being tired, lack of money, etc., While God calls us to not be of the world, that doesn't mean we are to NEVER associate with non-christians. It isn't possible to bring others to Christ if we don't ever go where there are non-christians. This is an area of my life I need to work on.

Please pray for me as I work on:

1) humility
2) patience
3) evangelism
4) obedience

No comments: