
The Sister of the Year Award goes to my sister Ann. She was a great source of comfort and help to me. She came by the hospital several times, especially sneaking in after visiting hours with food from Applebees, and sacks full of groceries (like celery and peanut butter, fruit juice, granola bars and other healthy snacks). It was lonely being there by myself as Rodney couldn't stay up there all the time since he was watching after the girls. I am a night owl, so was normally wide awake at night watching TV and reading books and magazines that Ann brought me. Thanks Ann!
The Mom of the Year Award goes to my mom, Elizabeth. She came out before James was born, and stayed for almost two weeks helping me to get the house in order, and hoping that the baby would be born while she was here. She missed him by a few days, but will be back down in March to see him and my step father's new grandchild, who was born a few days after James. (Okay, Melissa is a copy cat! ;-) - Just joking.....
I do want to take a moment and thank everyone who helped out during my pregnancy and after I had the baby. I am pleading old age, senility, and just plain tiredness.
Thanks also goes to my friend Bonita for providing meals and taking Hannah for several hours to play with her 6 year old daughter
.
Other Thanks go out to:
Rebecca Hall (friend)
Kelly and Cheryl (Pastor and friends)
Mrs. Workman (Pastor's mom, long time church member and friend)
Kim Mitchell
Donna Henderson
The Women at Frugal Christian Wives (thanks for worrying about me)
The Castros (our neighbors who brought food and a baby gift)
If I have forgotten you, I am sorry. I have a list somewhere and am working on writing thank you notes.
**As an update: I went to the doctor today for a two week check up post partum, and the doctor was amazed at how well my c-section incision had healed (I took the herb Arnica afterwards, and I believe it really helped. While I was in extreme pain the first week, this second week I haven't needed any kind of pain reliever.) I have lost 13 lbs, no you can't know how much I weight now!
James had an appointment to have his second PKU done today. He didn't enjoy being messed with....after the appointment I took the girls to eat at Acadiana cafe. We ate in the corner, and I kept the baby's car seat covered with a blanket. Trying to avoid drafts and germs, but I really wanted something to eat other than grilled cheese and fast food. He slept the entire time, and all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment