Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday April!

One of my sisters turns 35 today. Happy Birthday!

By the way, I escaped the chains that my wonderful DH (smirk, smirk) had on me that kept me chained to the hovel/container/cabin. Just kidding! Really, it was ALL my idea to move out to the land and live in it, though I did want the container under the trees in the shade. I just lost that battle, because it was too expensive to run electricity 500 feet to the shade. So, now I live in a Convection Oven in the summer, and a freezer in the winter LOL!

We are just about out of the blue house, we have six days to be done. I think I will actually make it.

It's been so hot that we have been hanging out at the blue house during the day and heading out to the land after dark. I don't know what we are going to do once we no longer have this house to fall back on. The library, the pool, DQ, Bonita's ;-) I've also reapplied to be a Mystery Shopper, that way we will spend our times in the car AC, or the stores I am assigned.

Looking for LOTS of alternatives. I can handle the cold much better than the heat.

1 comment:

Bob Westbrook said...

Amy, perhaps you can build a little roof thing or stretch a tarp over the top of the container to create a little shade and keep the sun from beating on the metal container.