Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's Saturday evening, and I am taking time to update this blog. It was a good day today, thought it did max out at 104. Yikes! The wind was blowing good, and my laundry dried rapidly. Each load took about an hour, which is about how long the dryer would take. I finished the majority of the laundry, still have several comforters to get washed and stored away for the winter. No room in the cabin.

We bought another AC today for the living room (I use this word loosely, as it is far from a "room") The space is about 8 feet by 8 feet. I have the tv armoire on one side with a wing chair and a wooden table and a rocking chair parallel from it. The computer is butted up against the wood stove on top of my treadle sewing machine. This arrangement will have to change when winter arrives and we need to use the wood stove. For now, it is a great arrangement.

No amount of AC cools the cabin down during the day, but about 6 p.m., they can be turned on to cool the place down so that we can have some relief and sleep easier.

I do curtain off the bedroom area from the loft above using heavy blankets. This keeps that small area (8 X 8) extremely cool. I keep James in here during the day, and take turns playing with him in between cleaning, etc. I think I mentioned this before.

I was up early this morning feeding the animals, and baking. I baked two long loaves of banana bread, a peach crisp and an apple crisp. Trying to use up my fruit before it goes bad.

Pray for some rain.

No comments: