Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I hope no one is dissappointed when they read this blog. I like to detail everything that I do, partially for my mom, and because I have a really bad memory. It may seem a little boring to read about the weather, but I like to document the weather every so often so that I can keep a farm journal that contains temp and rain info.

Today was another day of swim lessons for Hannah. She has 3 more days until her swim test. I really believe she will pass. Afterwards we dropped Lauren off at April's. She is spending the night with LeighAnn. I surely hope she behaves her self. She is getting more and more "teenagery" and not always a joy to be around. When you bring her attention to her behavior she acts totally surprised, or irritated. I never know which one it will be.

April, Ashley and I spent the afternoon talking, drinking Starbucks and having lunch. It was really nice. Ashley moves back to Virginia this weekend, unfortunately. I really believe it is a bad idea for her to do so, but she is a big girl. I just worry about her because she doesn't have good influences in a few of her friends and many of our extended family. I hope once she finishes colleges that she moves back down, but I don't think she will. I wish my mother had never moved back to Virginia. I hate that our family is so spread out. I am really glad that at least April and Ann are here. We may irritate each other every now and then, but we do love each other, and I believe it's important for families to stay close. Something that can't be done long distance, effectively.

On arriving home, I rearranged my extension cords. I plugged the computer into the outlet, after moving the armoire and hurting my shoulder. I used the extension cord to plug the washing machine in so that I could do some laundry. I managed to wash one quilt before getting distracted by the baby. He is very fussy, I think he is teething. I gave him some Motrin, a bath and massaged him. After nursing him, he fell asleep. He should sleep until around 3 a.m. which is good. Hope it's not TMI, but I think I have Mastitis. I've also been drinking my Mama's Milk Tea to increase the milk available for James.

The temp today was 104, partly cloudy, windy.

Made Skillet Hash for dinner, very good. Trying to cook more variety. Hope to remember to put my bread in the bread machine in the morning before leaving for swim lessons, we are out of bread.

The goaties are so cute, and eating more vegetation. I love how they run after me in the morning and want me to feed them. They rub their heads and little horn buds on my leg. It's very cute. The three stooges (the three bucks) are getting less aloof and the littlest one (Curly) wanted me to scratch his head this morning.

Well, off to bed.

2 comments:

Bob Westbrook said...

Nah it's not boring. You want boring read my blog (walkedwithangels.blogspot.com) Well I suppose it has moments of excitement. Like you I use it as my memory and look forward to reading it years from now. It also is a powerful tool to let friends and family keep up with what's going on. That's why I like yours. On the pictures, download Picasa. It's free. With it you can adjust the picture Pixtel rate so there is less bits or bytes (whatever they are) to upload. I set mine at 800. That speeds things up. Plus it's set up to use with blogspot.
Hang in there Amy. Love to hear about goats and chickens cause some day we will have some.

Amy E said...

Thanks for the comments Bob. Your blog is not boring either. We love reading your blog. I get frustrated right along with you ;-)