Saturday, November 28, 2009

My intention had been to take a long break from writing, but I find posting allows me to decompress and release the mountains of stress that I am under, even if I don't post deeply personal information, which I feel I rarely do.

Anyway, I will just update myself here with what is going around here.

It's been quite cold at night, which has prompted me to have a fire every night.  This helps keeps the chill off the house, and the dogs tend to congregate and lay on the porch behind where the wood stove is at...it warms the wall.  ;-)

The goats are doing well.  I haven't been buying feed the past two months, and they are subsisting on a diet of only grass/browse.  We did break a pumpkin and give to them tonight.  Dolly promptly tried to hog it all.  She is definitely the Queen goat.  She came in and bullied her way into the herd.  She has bonded with Larry our largest Boer Goat, and they walk, eat, and sleep beside each other all the time.  She is kind of mean to the others, I hope she turns out to be a good mom.

The shed arrived, and the girls love playing in it.  It is a big stress relief to have it, as it frees up lots of space in the loft.  I can't wait until I actually have the washer/dryer inside.

Tonight Lauren and I raked up a load of hay from in front of the land.  The state comes by and shreds, and it leaves lots of great hay.  Now, if I could just get them to shred the land, I could rake that up too.  We are in the process of filling up the bed of the truck.  We'll then stuff the hay into bags for later use.  The "plan" is to get a moment to clean up the barn, organize the storage bins, and store the hay in the barn.  We just haven't had a moment hardly to ourselves.  I feel bad for the kids with the constant running around, but there isn't a solution for it in the near future.  

I have loads of things to do this week.  Tomorrow is our monthly church fellowship luncheon, and then Monday I need to paint at the shoppe, as well as, get all the stuff out of my booth at the flea market this week.  Rent is due the end of this week, and I won't be renewing since I have the shoppe.

I also need to pass out flyers again regarding our Grand Opening.  I have been busy rounding up products to sell in the shop.  So, in addition to continue decluttering the cabin to sell unneeded items at the shoppe, the girls school work, working at the bookstore and giving tennis lessons we are always on the go.  I absolutely hate the fact that I can't be home more.  Once the shoppe is up and running, it will be easier to stay home, plus the girls can do their school work at the shoppe.  I have a large desk set up for them to use.

Lauren and I have been going through lots of our stuff to get rid of, and are clearing off the dressers in the bedroom.  One we will use for the Christmas Tree (it's a small one) that way James can't pull it over, and it will leave space in the walkway.  After Christmas, we will be putting up new shelves from the top of the dressers to the roof.   This will give us some more much needed storage space, as well as, lots of lovely new storage in the loft.  It's been rough storing stuff outside in the rain.  A lot of our belongings have been ruined from the rain, the dogs and the goats.  I did manage to clean out behind the cabin on one section, close to the washer.  I threw all that stuff away, and the refuse man hauled it off. 

I am in the process of working on the side closest to the front door.  But it is slow going, since we aren't home most of the time during the day, and by the time we get home at night, it is way too dark and cold. 

Tonight was spent raking hay, picking up the yard, throwing out trash inside, and doing laundry.  We ran into town really quick to dry a load of diapers.  Always diapers. We then stopped at a local store, and bought a few little presents for James for Christmas. Working at the bookstore today gave me $20 that we used.  So, I am thankful for that money.  Christmas is going to be a worry, and I don't know how to explain to Hannah there isn't a "Santa".  Oh, she knows it is Jesus' birthday, but she also believes in Santa, and I just won't have the money to provide "Santa" presents this year.  Praying for a miracle, knowing that God will provide in some way. 

Off to clean the kitchen and bathroom so will finish updating later

No comments: