Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A wonderful Tuesday morning, so far.  Lauren and I are getting ready to head out to meet a friend at our rental house.  Moving some odds and ends, it takes a while because I can only fit so much in my little car.

Baby is still sleeping, I have changed him while he is sleeping, and all is left is to scoop him up and head to the car.  Off to feed the animals, with baby monitor in hand.  It took a while to find one with a reception of over 500 feet.  Anyway, the Pyr is barking at the donkey Jack.  We let him out in the home pasture to eat, the dogs are not happy.

Dolly our Togg doe appears to be pregnant, she is getting huge, and often I swear I see movement.  Have no idea when she might be due.  They appear to be thriving on their diet of soley grass, though I have had other "experienced" goat breeders tell me  they need more grain.  I disagree, from what I read it is healthier for them.  I do give them a mineral block to help supplement. 

Hope to get a small patch of wheat planted this week, it is an experiment.  I"ll see how it pans out>  Off to let the goats out for the day and head into town.

No comments: