I absolutely loved today. We were able to stay home for the ENTIRE day. My niece spent the night so the girls played outside or in the playhouse most of the day. They kept James with them for an hour this a.m., and then again for an hour this p.m. This really helps me get a few things done.
I didn't accomplish all I wanted, but I did get a significant amount of laundry done and hung out on the line. All the diapers are finally washed and dried, which is a good thing as I won't be able to afford to buy disposables, which I have done for the past two weeks. I threw out a lot of old stuff and placed the trash in the pickup, was able to wash most of the dishes. I had a pot on the wood stove all day keeping the water hot so I could wash dishes and clean. Too much cleaning to keep up with the hot water heater.
We put away the tree, ornaments and decorations finally. I was able to fold all the clothes, sweep and bring in wood, plus get the bathroom totally cleaned.
Tomorrow I have plans to organize the loft and sort through clothing, after church. Trying to get ready for our first full week at the shoppe, just in time for the first week of the New Year.
Today James is 11 months old. Only one more month until he turns a year old. I can hardly believe the year has gone by so fast, and with it so many changes. Wow!
He is so cute. We ate lunch outside today, moving the table and chairs from the gazebo to right outside the cabin door. He sat in his high chair eating a variety of foods, and has learned to drink apple juice from the juice box out of a straw. He kept choking himself by sucking up too much juice, and would let it run out of his mouth soaking his sweatshirt. I sure am glad it was a beautiful sunny day, though out of the protection of the cabin door the wind was quite strong. It has been quite strong for awhile now, especially at night.
On my to do list:
look for firewood, running out
finish organizing barn
move stuff from behind cabin to barn/trash
put trash piles into bags and place in truck for pickup
clean out truck and wash
pickup trash around land (I think because of the wind, we get a lot of trash blown in from ???)
From the pen of Claire Wolfe (I LOVE this lady!)
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe94.html
No comments:
Post a Comment