Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August Already!

It's been a busy week. We finished up Hannah's swim lessons and she passed her swim test. Her teacher said she was their best swimmer, and she looks so cute swimming in the pool doing the front crawl. ;-)

This weekend we just hung out at the house, well Saturday anyway. Cleaned the barn, fed the goats, donkey, chickens, etc, washed laundry and hung it out, and baked. On Sunday, I spent the entire day at my sister's. We had home church first and then our uncle from Virginia was visiting. I hadn't seen Stephen since 2001 at my grandma's 70th birthday party. Surprisngly, he was a lot of fun to talk to. I don't ever remember having a lengthy conversation with him. Before 2001, I don't believe I had seen him since I was a child. Kind of sad, but that branch of the family doesn't travel much, and whenever I've gone to Virginia it was to my Grandma's house or for work.

Yesterday, we drove out to Ann's for lunch with my BIL and to swim. The girls and Taylor had great fun. I really love their kitchen, though the entire house is too big for me. I find it difficult to walk around much, and the thought of cleaning it would make me cry. I like the style though, and wouldn't mind a mini version.

Gave Dakota and Blue Jeans their vaccination (Clorstridum ?? and Tetnus), plus wormed them with Panacur. The goats are out now, and running all over the place. I hear their little hooves on the front porch.

I am off to start cleaning, I am expecting company tomorrow, plus I need to pick up Taylor and run him to the vet's office to apply for a job working in their kennel. Please pray for him, he really needs a job, and to pass his driving test, which is tomorrow.

No comments: