Tuesday, December 1, 2009



Watkins Hot Cocoa Sampler

This is really good stuff, especially the Cinnamon Cocoa.. Let me know if you want to order some for the holidays...

I put this here because it is a chilly night..a great hot cocoa weather night.  It is 34 and rainy.  Supposed to have a slight chance of snow/sleet, but I doubt it will appear.  I have the wood stove cranked up, and keeping adding wood to keep the chill off the house, and the heaters in the bedroom are doing their job..the kids fell asleep and are cozy and warm in the little nest under the loft.  The thermometer says 68 so that is good.

Today was another relaxing day..we did run into town again to dry some more clothes, mainly diapers for James.  We then came home and spent the rest of the day on school work.  Lauren and I read out of the McGuffey Third Reader.  There are some really great readings in there.  She did two lessons in her Saxon Mathbook without even being told, so that was wonderful.  We have also started a new handwriting book on the Parables of Jesus.  Last year it was Presidential Inaugural Speeches.  Lauren has really great handwriting (cursive).  I believe this is because she learned cursive first in Kindergarten using the Abeka curriculum.  After Christmas we will start Hannah on her cursive program.  Hannah and I also started reading the Elsie Dinsmore series and are on Book 1.  James took a great nap and was awesome tonight at the bookstore.  The girls were a little wound up after being cooped up inside all day with the rain, but they calmed down when I let them get on the computer online.

We opened the first door on our Advent Calendar today.  The girls are taking turns.  This is the first year time we have done this, and they appear excited.  We will set up the tree tomorrow, and continue our decluttering of unnecessary belongings inside....

I had someone ask if they could build a solar heater on top of the container...plus a blower type thing that will draw the heat from the wood stove to the back room...pretty cool idea...



No comments: