Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The work at the shoppe continues.  Helped Rosalinda put up the molding in "The Book Nook".  That is her name for the Book Room.  I wiped off the walls, pulled nails, and pounded nails, then held the molding in place while she nailed it up.  Oh, I also painted the molding too.  My arms sure did hurt by the time I left for work at 3 p.m.  She was going to finish it with the help of her son.  All that is left now is to pick up all the debris on the floor, put the new floor down, and I'd like to clean the walls with Murphy's Oil Soap, then apply Lemon Oil.  We have plenty of pictures and educational posters to put up too.  I'd love for the area homeschoolers to come out and use the room. We've been putting the word out.

She will start bringing her books and shelves, and I will set up the reading/sitting area for customers.  We will be selling refreshments/snacks also.  Lauren has asked to handle that aspect.  I'd like to get their study area set up next week also, so they can get back to their  books after the Christmas break. 

After Christmas, we will be open Tuesday-Saturday, at least that is the plan for now.  It could change. 

I've been applying for jobs, but it doesn't appear as if the Lord wants me to have a job that doesn't allow me to home school.  I firmly believe that I am supposed to home school my children, and that the Lord will provide for us.  Sometimes I get worried and a little scared, but am learning to trust in Him day by day.

No comments: