I don't remember mentioning the stray that showed up out at our land two months ago. She's about Muffin's size (chihuahua), and the kids named her Sophie (my vote was Worm - LOL!) Obviously, some kind of rat terrier mix. She's white and tan. Well, she has been getting really chubby, so I wormed her. The past two weeks I was sure she was pregnant (great!). Yesterday, the poor thing look like she was going to explode.
Today, we showed up to feed the animals and water the chickens, and she came out from under the storage container, and she was noticeably skinny! I walked over to her, and she rolled over on her back, with tail wagging. I could see she was bleeding a little from her privates, and knew she had the puppies.
I gave her some dog food. About 3 cups worth! She gobbled it down so fast, and then started walking towards the storage container. She'd stop every so often and look over her shoulder like she was asking me "Are you coming?". She took me right to the spot where she had her puppies, and started whining and wagging her tale. I was so touched that she wanted to show me her babies. Being pregnant myself, I was not able to get down on the ground and look under the storage container to see them, but the girls did. I could hear the babies crying though. I told her good job. She got up, wagged her tale, then crawled under the storage container, and didn't come back out while we were there.
Prayer Requests:
I'd like to ask that you pray for me and my family, my friend Candi, and our church family. Thanks!
I haven't seen Candi privately in about two months, and it has been month since I have seen her at church. I am really worried something is wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment