Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday's Happenings

A busy day so far...at least in terms of running around. Dropped Taylor off at school this morning, and headed over to Candi's. We were scheduled to go to the library. I was showing where it is located in relation to her new home. Well, since I don't live in town anymore, I was unaware that the library there opens at 1 p.m. on Mondays, and 9 a.m. the other days. Very strange. So, after that outing, we headed back to her house, and then I left to get started with my day, and her with theirs.

We aren't schooling today, as Lauren is sick. We did swing by the library, and she checked out a couple of videos to watch in her room, while she lays in the bed. I think the choices came down to Swiss Family Robinson, Barbie Nutcracker, and the Disney movie about the Bible character Joseph. Not sure of the name at the moment.

Rodney's parents well pump has gone out, so he is headed over there to help pull it out and replace it. His dad is 76, and needs a little more help than he used to, strength wise. So, this means dinner will be delayed or much easier, if he eats over their tonight.

He and two of his nephews spent the day at the river yesterday up in Medina fishing and floating the river. They all came back burned and hungry, and Rodney had a headache. (I am sure it is heat related, as he NEVER takes food or water with him when he fishes.)

I have my first problem with the Prairie Primer book. Many of the suggesting readings they list are difficult, if not impossible to locate. The local library doesn't have them, neither does the San Antonio Public Library. A huge pain in the posterior. I tried to supplement by finding other books on the related topic (California Gold Rush) to read to the girls.

Taylor had his first doctor's appointment BY HIMSELF today. Very unnerving, but I am trying to give him a little more responsibility, and since it was only a checkup in order to get his prescription renewed, I am not too worried. I really like living where we do (at this point in time) for Taylor's sake. We are in the middle of our small town, which affords him the ability to ride his bike to the grocery store, movie store, Sonic, the library and the doctor's office. Due to his disabilities, he is unable to drive, so being within bike riding distance is great for a small sense of independence for him. Once we finish his apartment (in the back yard), it will be another step in his development, and a hard one for me. Please pray for his continued maturity, as he is sadly lacking in this area, and it affects his judgement and decision making abilities.
He is almost 19, but mentally around 11-12 years old. Functional, but not capable of being left on his own for too long, without doing something silly (like nailing the old sliding board to a tree so he can slide out of the tree LOL! or attempting to go from tree to tree on a zip line, or fighting with his sisters like a little kid.)

Please pray for the following also:

getting my dad's estate/affairs completed ASAP
Candi's pregnancy and family
Unspoken
Bob and Cherie's health
Un-potty trained puppies everywhere LOL!
My self control

No comments: