Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday's Musings

Today was a busy day though a good one. We got a lot done. Stopped by the funeral home, and picked up the death certificates for my dad. I dropped Taylor off at college by 9:30 am, and headed back home. Lauren worked on her math and reading by herself, while I worked with Hannah on her schoolwork. Hannah finished her little bit of work, and after taking a break for lunch, we headed out to pick Taylor up from class.

Upon returning home, Lauren and I finished up her lessons. We then headed to a neighboring town to drop the puppy off at the vet. Muffin is getting spayed tomorrow morning.

Spent the rest of the afternoon typing up letters to a variety of insurance companies and financial institutes. I need to send these off with a death certificate to get the bulk of my dad's affairs settled. Read two chapters in my Art History text. I have a test due this week.

Playing around last night, I ran across the name of someone with my name (well me with my maiden name of Queen). I contacted her, and we might be distantly related. How cool!

I think I have met more Queens since living in this state, than when we visited WV every summer. The ones living here near me, I know are related. They are the kids of my great uncle (my grandfather's brother). Not kids now, but in their 40's. I have been working on my dad's genealogy for a couple of years, and would like to get it finished. My maternal grandmother's side is complete, thanks to an aunt who converted to Mormonism. Apparently, she had to complete her family tree, and she provided us with a copy. Now, if only someone on my dad's side would become Mormon, it would take a big load off of me LOL! Just kidding....don't want anyone to convert..... did more research tonight...looks like the name deviated from MacQueen and not McQueen as I was originally told. The motto for this Clan is "Constant and Faithful". My mother's clan, Clan Gunn is "If not Peace, than war". So, the MacQueen's were their own clan?I gather, but associated with Clan Frazier/Fraser (cool) and Clan Chatten (the cats). So, the Jamesons are Clann Gunn, the Deans (my grandmother's family) Clan Davidson, and then the MacQueen's...hard to pinpoint an exact clan....hmmmm...so I guess I am 3/4 scottish and 1/4 german (the Otterbine). Basically your average WASP. LOL!

No comments: