
Sorry, no snappy titles lately...my brain just doesn't want to work that hard. I was talking to a friend today who's mom has fibromyalgia like I do. I guess I have been in pain so long (most of my life) that it is a constant presence. I don't have the luxury of giving into the pain. I wish I could just take my medication, and curl up in bed all day, but I have responsibilities. Often I take a milder pain medication, one that won't make me drowsy, because my children need me.
I get asked quite often by another friend who truly SUFFERS from fybromyalgia, how I do it?
I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I would like to know how SHE does it. I mean, how do you curl up and ignore that your children are raising themselves? As a mother you do what you have to...grit your teeth and just do it....I was diagnosed with rheumatoid nodules at age 5, rheumatoid arthritis in my teens, which went into remission in my mid 20's, then diagnosed with deep muscle rheumatism and fibromyalgia in 1997. The RA comes and goes out of remission which baffles me. I was told in my teens that I would more than likely be in a wheel hcair by my 40's, and am glad at 38 that I am not close to that, though some days a wheel chair looks extremely attractive.
I guess I am just not compassionate enough, especially when you have kids. If you don't have kids, hey go for it...that's my goal! LOL! when the kids are grown, I might just sleep until noon!
Sitting here typing about my illnesses and pain, has evidently brought it to the forefront of my mind, because now I FEEL the pain. I always try to shove it to the back and just do SOMETHING!
I guess I had better get up and do laundry and take my mind off it, or I might end up in bed before the kids. ;-)
I get asked quite often by another friend who truly SUFFERS from fybromyalgia, how I do it?
I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I would like to know how SHE does it. I mean, how do you curl up and ignore that your children are raising themselves? As a mother you do what you have to...grit your teeth and just do it....I was diagnosed with rheumatoid nodules at age 5, rheumatoid arthritis in my teens, which went into remission in my mid 20's, then diagnosed with deep muscle rheumatism and fibromyalgia in 1997. The RA comes and goes out of remission which baffles me. I was told in my teens that I would more than likely be in a wheel hcair by my 40's, and am glad at 38 that I am not close to that, though some days a wheel chair looks extremely attractive.
I guess I am just not compassionate enough, especially when you have kids. If you don't have kids, hey go for it...that's my goal! LOL! when the kids are grown, I might just sleep until noon!
Sitting here typing about my illnesses and pain, has evidently brought it to the forefront of my mind, because now I FEEL the pain. I always try to shove it to the back and just do SOMETHING!
I guess I had better get up and do laundry and take my mind off it, or I might end up in bed before the kids. ;-)
*************************
Finally talked to Tammy. I can't believe it has been over a month since I actually talked to her. I was feeling like a really bad friend, but have been swamped with so much since my daddy passed away last month. I cried all over her "telephone" shoulder. In the midst of dealing with everything, I have been worried about her too. She always tells me not to, but I do. I am much relieved that she won't be freezing this winter, as she has chosen to move into town with a friend to spend the upcoming winter. Whew!
1 comment:
It helps me also to keep my mind occupied and thus off the pain. Even doing tasks that I know will hurt aren't bad till I stop. Then I feel it. There are some opioid medications that don't make you drowsy but that varies depending on how your body reacts to them. Did I ever give you the address for the American Pain Foundation??? E mail me if I didn't
Post a Comment