My normal schedule is blown to pieces this semester. With getting up every morning and running my son into town for college it totally throws off the pace.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are the worst days, as once I leave the house I don't end up back here until late. His first class is only an hour long, so I wait to save gas. Then I run him over to the golf course, and wait for him to finish. The girls have been working on their school work in the car, until I discovered the nice air conditioned pro shop within walking distance of water and a bathroom. Two things little girls seemd to need a lot of. I bet I have checked out every restroom between home and town...twice.
Trying to get my house in order, and going over things in my mind. I really need to get some of this stuff out of my house. Will talk to my sisters regarding when they think they can come get it, or if I can give it away or sell it. I am tired of tripping over furniture, boxes, etc.
If I could get the back porch completed for Taylor's bedroom, I'd have a spare room to set up as a guest room/sewing room. Which would alleviate many of my problems. My sewing stuff is stacked in the corner of the dining room. If I had a room to put it in, it would solve a big problem. If I had my way, the back porch/apartment would be a self contained guest room, but I have already told Taylor he can move out there once it is complete.
Sunday after church we headed for the river for a couple of hours. The water was down, and the girls could actually get in to swim. It was very nice. I was actually the "relief team" for the guys. They had left earlier in the day to float down the river from further up, and fish. They floated for 5 hours! They are so dumb..no food, water, sunscreen, or hats. They lost their hats 30 minutes into the trip, and broke their poles when the tubes turned over going down a small water fall. By the time they made it to the get out point they were sick...the big dummies. I had brought bottles of water in the ice chest, cookies that I had made, and fried chicken. They were so glad to see me. That's because I am the smart one. I think I am making them each a fanny pack with granola bars, jerky, sunscreen, and a small bottle of water. At least it will be something to help the dummies survive.
Monday was my 19th wedding anniversary. The past few years not something I normally commemorate, but this year I am at least on pleasant terms (for now) with my husband, and he offered to take me to dinner and a movie. Not one to turn up a kid free night, we went to eat at the Alamo Draft house. It is a movie theater that serves dinner while you watch the movie. It was a different experience, and somewhere around midnight last night I was sick. I know it was food poisoning.
Today I feel much better, so no lasting effects, though my stomach does feel strange still.
Cleaning the house when I get home this afternoon, as I will be having company tomorrow for the first time. I like inviting people over, as it motivates me to really clean and throw things away. It is my normal baking day today, so I need to think about what to make....probably cookies and a coffee cake for the morning.
Well, off to get ready to take Taylor to school. Hope everyone has a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment