
It's funny....I get a lot of comments from people after they meet me about all my energy. I feel tired ALL the time so this strikes me as odd. I get questions asking what drugs I take, etc....
I am very high energy, talk really fast, and always have something going. I get really nervous if I have to do nothing, and had a really difficult time when we were on vacation to Disney World a couple of weeks ago. I kept feeling like I needed to do....something.....
When I worked outside the home I was very organized on my desk, which those of you that actually know me would find funny, due to my previously disorganized house, and tendency to lose my keys. I also suffer from Arthritis and Firbromyalgia, and due to stress my memory is getting really bad, so I write things down all the time. I have electronic calendars, reminders, notes on my cell phone and computer in order to get things done.
It sounds pathetic, but I even subscribe to a mailing list/group that reminds me to clean my house, hug my kids, etc. This is at Large Family Logistics (google it). I don't have a really large family, but I find the reminders in the email (I keep my email up all day) very useful, and I check off each item as I do it.
I also have set routines and days to do certain things set as reminders in my email too. Also listed on the side of my blog. If I didn't have these reminders I would probably sit and read all day or stay on the computer.
I had post partum depression for two years after having my last child, and have just got "back in the saddle" again with regards to my energy level the past year. So, those of you asking for advice on how I get everything done, and about how much I do...first "Bless You" I always feel like I am doing the bare minimum, and my husband thinks I don't do anything at all, and for the advice.
1) Make a list on paper or in Word of those things that have to get done every week.
2) Subscribe to Large Family Logistics and adapt those reminders to what you need to get done.
3) Set daily routines (see mine to the left for an example).
4) Using Yahoo (if you have yahoo mail) Calendar to send yourself reminders to your cell phone. This really helped me get back on track.
I schedule all my appointments and tasks and have the settings set to send each entry to my cell phone, which then goes off with an alarm at the time I need to do something.
5) Turn off that TV and computer, get off your fanny and move it! Don't sit down at all if you can help it. Once I sit down, that's it.
I clean my house in a circle. I start at the front door and do each room (front porch, foyer, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry (throw a load in), hall (vacuum and shut kids doors), bathroom, bedroom. In my house each room leads into the next and goes in a circuit. I primarily do surface cleaning every day. My exact breakdown (just for an example) is this...
Every day:
1) sweep foyer floor, vacuum oriental rug, damp mop, hang up jackets, light candle
2) all cups out of living room, vacuum, all toys in bin, open windows, turn on fan, light candle
3) clear table in dining room, sweep, light candle
4) wash dishes, clear cabinets, sweep, damp mop, take out dinner or start crockpot, light candle 5) put load in washer, load in dryer, fold clothes from dryer, put away, check puppy's water/food
have kids clean rooms, vacuum hall
6) put all items away from counter in bath, clean sink, clean toilet, sweep floor, mop with bleach or pine sol, hang up clean towel, all dirty clothes in hamper, close shower curtain, light candle
7) pick up clothes from floor put in hamper, make bed, open windows, turn on fan
With the exception of the kitchen, I spend only 5 minutes in each room, and I don't clean my kids rooms. I do also have a pile of clutter in my bedroom that is for a future yard sale, so my room is not spotless, but just picking up the dirty clothes and making my bed gives me a feeling of accomplishment. All this takes me less than 2 hours.
My entire day looks like this:
Get up
Get dressed
Tea/Toast
Devotional
Chores
Lunch
Read, Garden, Computer
Quiet Time/Nap with kids
Dinner prep
Garden, Rest, Watch TV (sometimes)
Computer, Baking, Bed
During the school year, I homeschool between the chores and lunch, normally from 10 am to 12 noon. I wake up around 8 am and go to bed around midnight. That's it...maybe someone can glean something from my crazy schedule and use a piece...hope this helps.....if not...be kind in the comments.....thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment