Okay, I am one day into this Marriage Challenge thing. Don't know that I have seen any response from him, but the two things that I did today were:
1) Served him first at dinner
2) Had a friend over today, and he mentioned to me to ask them to stay for dinner, and for me to order pizza for everyone and he would pay. My friend was worried about this, but I made sure to tell her it was his idea. Normally, there isn't much that I can say positive, but this was nice of him.
My goals for this next week are copied from Christine. I didn't have any idea of what type of goals I should have so I "plagarized" Christine's (sorry Christine!)
My goals for this week are:
Make an effort to greet him immediately when he comes home each day and not call out a quick "hi" from the couch, or the kitchen, or wherever else I am at the time.
Always use a respectful tone of voice.
Think twice before I say what pops into my head. If I get annoyed about something wait a while before addressing it. Chances are it won't be as bothersome later.
No comments:
Post a Comment