Sunday, September 9, 2007

Creaking and Crackling

The title describes the feeling in my body....I feel so young in my mind, but my body has other plans for me at times. I am 38, but sometimes my body makes me feel 88. It must be going to rain, as all my joints are swollen and painful, and everytime I move, my bones pop and crackle. I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies. LOL!

Was back in church this morning, and the sermon was good. Based out of Acts and encouraging us as the body of believers to bear one another"s burdens and to pray for each other. Our congregation is small, and at times people get discouraged, but I don't. We may be small in numbers, but I think that this is God's way of allowing us to bond together. He creates ministry opportunities for everyone outside the walls of the church building, so I am not worried about the "numbers" in attendance on Sunday.

I will probably clean the kitchen, do some laundry and bake a cake. I know that Sunday is a day of rest, but these things relax me, so I hope it's okay with God that I do them. LOL!

Mrs. Workman provided a CD of the music we used at my dad's memorial service, I will make copies for everyone. Or at least try. I listened to it on the way home, and the last song "Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn, made me cry all over again. It describes my dad's hands exactly.

Well, need to get on with my day..hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

Bob Westbrook said...

I know what you mean. After breaking my neck three times it is so noisy I wonder if others can hear when I turn my head. Cherie says no but on occasion it will pop loud enough for her to hear. But I can sure predict the weather.