Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thunderstorms.....

more rain, and the roof is leaking again. I am really frustrated with the insurance company. I will be calling them again tomorrow. Their delays are increasing the damage to the roof, and they are back peddaling on paying for the damage. This is what happens when you pick some no name, fly by night insurance company (which I didn't pick).

Spent the entire day in town driving Taylor around. I dropped him off right before 10 am, and then went to pick up a textbook for one of my classes. Then stopped at Candi's house for an hour to wait for Taylor's first class to be over. The girls worked on their school work in the car, and Lauren finished up her reading comprehension questions at Candi's.

I picked up Taylor and dropped him off at the golf course for his golfing class. Then picked up some lunch at Chick Fil A for everyone, before rushing back to get Taylor from the golf course. He had lost his High School class ring somehow while playing. Go figure!

Rushed him back to campus for a work study job interview, then headed home. Arrived home a little after 3 pm. Starting picking up the house, which is still a mess, but I am throwing stuff out, sending boxes of my dad's stuff out to the garage, washing clothes and moving furniture.

Moved the book case from the foyer to the hall by Lauren's room, and placed the rest of the homeschooling books on the shelves, along with the encyclopedias. Moved the hall tree back to the foyer to free up the wall in the living room, for a small table/desk and placed the computer there, but it needs to be worked on so I will need to call my sister about coming out to help me.

Sorted laundry, washed more clothes, moved the bed in Lauren's room, and placed a pan under the drip. I am so tired, and finally stopped around 9 pm, when my feet started hurting.

I am hungry, and I didn't eat dinner. I cooked for everyone (chicken breasts, baked potatoes, bread) but didn't eat, as I was on a roll cleaning. Still more to do, and not looking forward to it....

I did manage to finish Lauren's lessons around 6 pm tonight. We did a little all day, between running Taylor around, cleaning, and making dinner. Today we started in the Prairie Primer that uses the Little House books and we worked on the following:

1. Read the 1st chaper in Little House in the Big Woods and finished 10 questions for reading comprehension
2. Talked about the different ways to preserve meat/food.
3. Learned vocabulary such as venison, leather, lard and trundle bed
4. She reseached bears on http://www.wikipedia.org/ and http://www.bear.org/ and took notes for a report she has due Friday.
5. Talked about how in the Bible it states when we are children we learn as children, and as we grow older we are more able to understand the world around us and what the Bible says. Reviewed Piaget's developmental stages and talked about it.
6. Talked about how the Bible states that the heart of the parents are turned to the children, and vice versa, making family important to each other.
7. Talked about manners and why we shouldn't interrupt each other, and how the Bible states that we shouldn't think higher of ourselves than others.
8. Worked on review of multiplication tables,and concepts to see where she needs more work and where to advance to...

That's about it....

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh how I wish you could send that rain our way!