
My mom emailed me and asked if it was okay if my grandmother had the address to this blog. I would love it if she started coming here to read what I have been up to. I am not much of a phone talker, so this is my outlet. If you are reading this Grandma, feel free to give it to everyone in the family, that way we can all keep in touch. I really miss everyone!
Yesterday was a bad day, I was not feeling well at all. I was dizzy and barely made it out of Walmart in the early morning before I passed out. I drove home carefully and spent the rest of the day on the couch. The kids picked up the living room and their dad got dinner. I am rarely this bad sick.
Today, I am much better, lots of energy. Started the day by making a fresh batch of laundry soap. I managed to clean more, work in the kitchen, and get almost all of the laundry done. I have two more loads, and that it will be it. I have packed up all the blankets and comforters and stored at the land. Everyone has one blanket and one set of sheets, and that is it. I sorted through all the laundry and got rid of holey stuff (this means it has holes, not that it is religious), and too small stuff to give away.
Rodney came home and took another bookcase, the dining room chairs, two rubber maid boxes, and some odds and ends. He would like to take everything, but I am not going to sit here on the floor until the house sells, or sleep on the floor with just a blanket. He wants everything out, that's not my goal. My goal was/is to declutter, which I have done lots of, pack, and put things out to give away to the thrift store. Taylor took a large group of give away items next store to the thrift store. The plan was to have a yard sale, but I have given up on that idea.
The stupid, little twit of a dog, used my freshly washed bedspread to pee on. Hannah left the door open to my room, where she watching tv, and the dog headed straight for MY SIDE!
She knows I hate her, and I know she did it on purpose. Chihuahua's are only good for taco meat, I swear it! I digress...
Today was a good day lesson wise for us. We accomplished quite a bit. Lauren and I worked on division with remainders, she read two chapters and finished her reading comprehension questions. We then sat at the computer and researched and discussed muskrats, the medicinal uses for Ginger root, how descriptive language aids our imagination, and three types of exercise (aerobic, strengthening and flexibility). A good discussion on what happens to a person if they are very hot and if they drank cold water quickly was very useful, seeing as they we live in a very hot climate. We talked about the body's need for electrolyes, and I explained what it was, and showed her what I had on hand (Gatorade and Pedia Lyte). Lastly we read the following Bible passages and discussed how they related to her reading assignment - Proverbs 10:5, 12:11, 20:11, 4:26, 6:6-8.
Tomorrow we plan to find a biography on Samuel Morse, read three more chapters and do the questions in her Silver Lake book. Look up "equinoctial" in the dictionary. Study the rotation of the earth on it's axis and the effect on sunrise, sunset and climate. We will talk about how we conserve water and why. Learn about the water cycle and study forms of precipitation, and more division work.
Something funny.....we were driving yesterday, and I saw a really large sprinkler in a field, and mentioned I would like to have it for my garden. Taylor said those aren't the best to use. I was kind of irritated, and asked why. He said that he learned in his Irrigation class at the community college, that drip irrigation was better, because so much water evaporated into the air, and the plants didn't get the best benefit. I just looked at him...I guess he's paying attention in class, which is good, and I admit I had hoped he would learn something useful to help out with on the land. Rodney just looked at me and laughed and said "yeah mom". I still liked the sprinkler, it was pretty, it was tall and looked like it was copper. LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment