Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday


This cute little picture was sent in an email to me today. I really liked it, and wanted to share it with you all.

The kids and I drove over to a nearby town to pick up some grit and oyster shell for the chickens. I also purchased a 12 lb galvanized feeder and another waterer. We decided to go to Tractor Supply next, but they were kind of high, so we continued onto Walmart about 20 miles away to pick up some new wranglers, shirts, socks and underwear for Taylor. This was his birthday present from us. Plus, we bought him new tennis shoes.

After Walmart we drove about another 20 miles to the land to check on the chickens. They survived their first night. Praise God!

A neighbor stopped by with another neighbor that I have never met, and wanted to look at the house. The 2nd neighbor's daughter is getting married next week, and they are looking to buy a new home. The house is a mess, as I am throwing out stuff, and packing, but they looked through the house anyway. It'd be nice if they would buy it, and save us the worry of having to look for a buyer.

The roofer never showed up, he called and should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I then called the county extension office and talked to the guy about wild life management and pond management. He told me it sounds like we need more aeration in the pond, and to get the cat tails under control.

When Rodney came home we drove into town to look at large storage containers (40 footers). They have them for sale around $1500 and up. Rodney found one he really wants, it's 45 foot long, and is $2800. Kind of high, but I really need some storage now. I need to get busy moving some of our stuff to the land, so that we can get this house in shape. Rodney is thinking about it still, and will decide if he wants to get the storage container.

I did only two loads of laundry today, and was able to get the living room and bathroom picked up.

**Okay ya'll go to my Watkins and/or Avon site and order something please!

No comments: