The temperature hit 90 today and we all have another sun burn! The guys (Rodney, Taylor and Rodney's Dad) headed for the land early to start cutting grass. The girls and I stayed home, cleaned a little, then headed to the grocery store. After coming back home and putting the groceries up, we headed to the land, stopping at the local McD's to take the guys lunch.
I had to come back home and get the keys to Lauren's four wheeler, the pool skimmer to get the algae off the pond, and to purchase a mini air compressor (at True Value) to pump up the wheels to the four wheeler. My intentions were not to stay there all day, but to finish up the laundry, but I didn't up leaving the land until 3:30 p.m. I fed and watered the chickens (one egg today), while Mr. Edge (FIL) used his tractor and shredder to cut more weeds and hay down on the proposed building site.
I had Rodney put up a rain gauge, as if this year holds true, it should start into the rainy time in a couple of weeks. I want to see how much rain the area gets, and to see how the water flows to make sure the house is in a good spot. Rodney also used his weed eater and riding lawn mower to cut around the pond. It looks like a park now! We will bring the park bench out to put under the tree next time. I planted two water lilies in the pond, to help with algae control. Between Taylor and I we were able to scoop out the majority of the surface algae.
We found two orange trees and a peach tree planted along the creek bed. The orange tree is only about knee high but had three oranges that had fallen off of it. Mr. Edge picked one up, peeled it and ate it, pronouncing it good and sweet.
I purchased two peach trees, two apple, and two nectarine trees, along with two blackberry bushes to plant. Now that the grass/weeds are cut, I can see where to plant them.
Taylor worked for a local man yesterday(Friday) helping with branches and such in the man's pecan grove. He lost his new cell phone at the man's land, and is going back to look for it tomorrow after church. I sure hope he finds it....good night everyone, it's after midnight, so I am off to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment