Sunday, February 24, 2008

A New Dam at the Land

After church today we headed out to the land, with LeighAnn coming along. The girls spent the afternoon playing in the water and mud, and building a dam at the top part of the pond. The pond is filling up quite nicely, running the well pump, and the aeration and cleaning of the algae is making the pond look quite nice. Along with the grass being cut, it looks like a park!

We set up the canopy today, and I sat under it reading and drinking iced tea while the girls played in the water, caught tadpoles and frogs (and got bit by fire ants), and built the dam. The thermometer in the barn said 100 degrees! There was no way it was that hot. I brought the thermometer and sat it beside me under the canopy, and the temp went down to 90. It still didn't feel that hot.

I had put on sunscreen, but again broke out. I guess this was the sunscreen I wore last year at Disney World, because now I am in pain and itching all at the same time.

I need to get the girls water shoes, because they are getting scratches on their feet, and I would just feel better if they weren't walking in the pond in their bare feet, since hogs come down to drink and wallow in the mud, it's probably not too sanitary.

We left around 4:30 p.m., and I got the girls dinner at McDonalds, and then dropped my kids off at home with Rodney, and then headed to the Ladies' Bible Study with LeighAnn (we were meeting at April's house tonight, so it worked out great). Picked up Candi on the way, and afterwards we stopped at Starbucks before I dropped her off at home.

The bible study was very good, and we discussed finding peace in God, and how we often put other things in his way, and try to work things out for ourselves, and how that actually works for us. Had a few tense moments (can't discuss certain topics in our group, as it gets a few people wound up. These topics being certain family members and politics).

No comments: