
My friend Rebecca came out this way to get her hair done, and asked that I take her to our new homestead. She had been waiting to see it. She said she really liked it, and was trying not to "lust" after our new property. LOL!
Received another egg from one of the chickens. Which the other three would start laying too. After work Rodney headed over to take a set of house plans back to his mom. She had lent them to us to see if we wanted to build it. We didn't, Rodney said it would cost way too much to build that design. He and his dad took some railroad ties out to the land, because the storage container that we ordered is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. It is an old boxcar type container. We will use it to start putting our furniture and belongings in, so we can declutter the house and get it listed. Making steady progress...after the container, Rodney plans to work on the fence, and then that will be it, until we sell the house.
Here is a recipe that I put together tonight:
I guess I will call it Chipolte Baked Chicken
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Place Chicken breast, thighs, legs (whatever you have) in casserole pan
Mix the following ingredients together:
1/2 cup butter or margine, melted
2 tsp Watkins Grapeseed Oil Chipolte Liquid Sauce
1/4 tsp Watkins Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Watkins Organic Thyme
1/4 tsp Watkins All Purpose Seasoning
1/4 tsp Watkins Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Watkins Organic Rosemary
Separate out the melted butter, reserving 1/4 cup. Using a pastry brush, baste the top of the chicken and cook for 30 minutes (baste every 10 minutes). Turn chicken over and baste the other side, and cook until done (I cooked mine for about an 1 1/2 hours because I started out with frozen chicken, forgot to take it out of the freezer earlier). Keep basting. It's done with the skin on the chicken is brown, crispy and crinkly. Baste one more time upon taking it out....
Use the remaining 1/4 cup to dip chicken in and eat, if desired. More melted butter sauce can be made if you really need more. The chicken is yummy like it is, but dipping bites into the butter makes it great!
**Warning, this is not a LOW FAT recipe! I didn't take the skin off of the chicken, and well, I am encouraging you to use LOTS of melted butter. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment