Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cutting Back

Oh no, not another rambling, philosophical discussion on cutting back and being prepared! No, not really. I am just sharing some thoughts on what I want to do on saving additional money. I will be canceling my home phone, Internet, quite possibly the DirectTV, and decreasing my auto coverage.

While I have a couple of Internet related businesses, that in no way is an excuse to keep the Internet. Not when I have access to two libraries with Internet, and the local DQ has WiFi. I'll save about $70.00 a month, and use the free access around me.

Other than getting a clothesline, and turning the AC up to 80, not much else I can cut out. The house is the biggest expense, which will God's help we will sell soon, and get out from under that payment.

I am also committing to staying home more, because of the gas situation. This will be difficult, but I am going to try, there is just too many errands and things to do to keep the kids busy this summer.

I had someone tell me recently that I needed to pray more. Pray more? They obviously don't know me very well, in addition, I don't believe in harassing God. He doesn't forget. I'll pray a couple of times, leave it in his hands, and wait for the answer. Listening for God's answers to prayers, is just as important, but often times a neglected aspect of a person's prayer life.

******************
Off to make laundry soap and get the laundry started.

Just wanted to send a KUDOS out to Cheryl (friend and pastor's wife) who was recently introduced to the "Fly Lady" concept, and is working on getting everything in order. Good job Cheryl! Don't get discouraged! I will be praying for motivation and strength for you!

My mom is off on a cruise with her husband and MIL on Monday, so please keep them in prayer. In addition, my mom fell and hurt herself the other day. She is very badly bruised and sore, which should make the cruise EXTRA special.

No comments: