I've been sick the past few days and have been primarily in bed, as getting up makes my head ache. I was startled out of sleep to realize that I hadn't been out to the land since Wednesday, so that meant that the chickens didn't get fed or watered since then. They have two watering bottles that I fill every two days, and a large metal feeder that I keep filled for them. I was more worried about the water situation than the feed, due to the heat the past few days.
I got up first thing this morning (Praise God I feel some better) and hesitantly drove out to the land. I was really scared to approach the coop, certain that I would chickens sprawled out from lack of water. As I started walking towards the coop, I saw a bunch of feathers on the bottom of the coop, and my heart dropped. It was the rooster. He started crowing as soon as he saw me, and I was relieved. The girls were fine too, they only had a little water left around the red lip of the water container, which was better than none. I filled up both containers from the well with clean, cold water. Their food bucket was half full. Whew! I was so worried. Thank you God for taking care of my chickees for me while I was sick.
I haven't been able to wash clothes or pick up the house while I have been sick, and heaven knows no one here will do it unless asked. Since I didn't ask it didn't get done.
Off to do laundry....
No comments:
Post a Comment