Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Well, it's gone. Rodney's motorcycle is finally out of here. The guy showed up tonight with the last payment, and Rodney signed the title over to him. There was a little seller's remorse, but he said it was time to move on to other things.

We went out to dinner tonight at a local Mexican restaurant, then stopped at the in laws to pay my FIL for purchasing a part for the tractor. Rodney had left it at his dad's house, because he dad wanted to fix some kind of O-ring leak. While at my in laws, my FIL took me out to his garden so that I could see how my garden is supposed to look (rolling eyes here). His garden was neatly laid out, and had almost no weeds, but his vegetables looked about as wilted as mine. It has been very hot lately, and my routine of watering every two days, is having to be stepped up to every day.

After dropping Rodney off at the house to change the ceiling fan in the living room, Taylor and I headed out to the land to water the garden. I was able to harvest a pan full of basil, a few more tomatoes, and onions. The watermelons and cantelopes look bigger just from the other day! They sure are growing fast! The corn still looks pretty scraggly and pathetic.

Well, it's 10:30 p.m. and I am off to put the basil in the dehydrator. Have a good night!

*****
What I've learned tonight (11:28 p.m.) - Basil smells DISGUSTING while it is being dried in a dehydrator.

I also learned that five trays full of basil leaves, yields only about 1 TBSP of dried, crushed herb. Wow! I thought I'd have way too much basil with 16 plants, but at this rate, I'll need every bit! (12:17 p.m.) Off to bed!

No comments: