Today was Lauren's tennis lessons. We only stayed for an hour as she started feeling sick. I think she was over heated and dehydrated. The coach was feeling ill also. It was over100 degrees. I think we need to move the lessons to 9 a.m. instead of 10:30 a.m. It might make all the difference.
On the way home we stopped at Sun Harvest and bought the makings for Rodney's birthday dinner (a late one). I bought two organic t-bone steaks, russet potatoes, fresh french bread, and we bought a birthday cake. I also purchased a pound of elderberries, a large bag of bay leaves, and a large bag of red raspberry leaf. I also purchased some Arnica Montana for my medicine chest.
The steak was wonderful if I do say so myself. Afterwards, we headed to the land where the kids flew kites with Rodney. I checked on the chickens, watered the garden, fruit trees, and walnut trees. We then went on a small hay ride. The girls picked several cat o'nine tails for me to decorate with, and I harvest a handful of Fever few leaves to dehydrate and set aside as part of my herbal medicine chest.
We came home and ate some of Rodney's birthday cake. The girls decorated it themselves with LOTS of blue icing.
Well, I am off to clean the kitchen, make some laundry soap, and start the laundry.
Have a good night!
*********************
No comments:
Post a Comment