I just wanted to apologize for my site being down the past few days. I have been doing much needed maintenance, and house cleaning of the site, not to mention inappropriate pictures were hacked onto my site. That was shocking.
This morning I was up early to head to the land and water the garden. My tomatoes are coming along great. I get so excited when I see more watermelons and cantelopes each times I go out. My corn is about done. I want to harvest the corn silk to make tea with, it's supposed to be good medicinally for its diuretic properties for the treatment of urinary problems. It is recommended as "an effective and harmless dieting food" according to John Lust's "The Herb Book" (available from Richters). The tea is also used as an enema. Here's a link to help out http://www.richters.com/newdisplay.cgi?page=./QandA/Medicinal/Medicinal.html&cart_id=9523631.4618
I will need to make sure it is completely dried before using, as it will be more purgative than helpful.
Rodney and Taylor brought out another load of firewood from the house to the land. They also managed to bring the grill I use for wood fires, Lauren's play house, and the swing set, complete with porch swing.
My niece's birthday party was this evening, and it was fun. The kids swam for about 4 hours from 6 pm to 10 pm. They didn't even want to come out of the pool for pizza, cake and ice cream. We finally had to leave, as we had quite a distance to drive home, and we have church in the morning. Hannah fell asleep on the way home, and is now sacked out on the couch. I will need to put her in the bed in a few minutes. Lauren is also asleep. They had stuff noses, not sure if it was from swimming so I rubbed a Mentholatum on their chests and under their noses to help them breathe easier, and get some rest.
Tomorrow is the first Father's Day without my dad. It's going to be weird, as he was always here for the day, and I would cook for him and Rodney.
No comments:
Post a Comment