Monday, June 9, 2008

Garden

Garden is steadily producing, but not enough to really can. Will need to plant even more next year. I did manage to dry entire container of tomatoes. I will keep doing that, until I have enough that I think will last me through the winter to add to soups and stews.

Picked cucumbers tonight. Melons going great, as well as, the cantelopes. The corn is almost ready on the few scraggly rows that were planted first, and that just didn't take. I will be doing it different next year.

Took a basket of vegetables to church yesterday, and received two compliments today on how good the tomatoes were. I didn't do to much, they basically grow on their own. I planted, fertilized and watered them, but the taste, is all their own. Really good beefsteak tomatoes.

1 comment:

Brea in Texas said...

Hey girl! Don't forget that you can plant fall tomatoes, which do wonderfully well in Texas where we have such late frost dates. It's hard to find the plants, but if you order seeds (and totally check out rareseeds.com, they have the best prices and an amazing selection for all their veggies) and grow your own, you should be able to get in a great second crop. We're going to try it this year. :)

~Brea