Thursday, June 28, 2007

30 Day Marriage Challenge

Okay...I found a link to a site by a woman named Christine. I was reading about this 30 day Marriage Challenge, and it piqued my interest. On her blog she mentions how each woman participating may be coming from different places in their marriage and this is true.

I will be totally honest here...the idea of doing some of the things suggested on her blog, and that I see other women are doing makes me feel a little nauseous. You see, I tried to be a submissive wife for a good 15 years of my marriage, but about 4 years ago things kind of ended for me there....due to an incident that happened and we were separated for a while, and only really reunited due to our children and economic reasons. I have had every intention of getting a divorce sometime in the future.

About six months ago I made a new friend, and against my best intentions she has influenced me to work on being a better wife, though I feel I am already way better than he deserves. I grit my teeth and muddle through. I have been more a less a stay at home mom for the past 4 years, with occasional times of working part time and from home as a loan officer. Due to my anger at my husband, I was more or less on strike with regards to anything that involved him, but this new friend, darn her, has got me doing stuff again that I swore I would never do (like cook for him and wash his clothes.)

Yes, I know all of this is decidingly "unChristian" of me, but I am relying totally on God to be able to get through each day. Please don't think my reasons are frivolous, they aren't, but I don't feel comfortable discussing the entire situation here, but suffice it to say, it's serious and heartbreaking.

Anywho....I have decided to give this 30 day Marriage Challenge a go, and to see where it leads me. Can't be any worse....so to take Christine's advice I will start with prayer. And as you read this....I would appreciate any prayers you care to offer up for me.

www.fruitinseason.blogspot.com is Christine's blog if you care to read her entries. (I am always jealous of women who have great husband's and whose husband's love them. I have never had that....)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your honesty in this post. I can't possibly know your situation and obviously honoring our husbands looks different for everyone. It sounds like it is very difficult for you to do based on your situation. What I will pray for you is that you are blessed by your efforts in this challenge, however difficult, and that with God's help things will change for the better. Maybe the change will just be in your heart, or maybe your marriage will take a turn for the better. Whatever the case may be, I hope you'll feel God's presence in the midst of it all.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Amy,

I saw you have joined the challenge also. I don't know of your situation and know everyone is at a different point or circumstance in their lives, and your situation sounds difficult . I will pray for you also. May the Lord Bless you this week and always.
I have some of the same health concerns and think you are doing a great job with your lists and schedules.

Angel ( D.)

Angel (D.)