Thursday, June 19, 2008

Are you?

Excerpt from Nick who is sick of "patriots" - makes you think......at least it did me.

"I know that I’m singing to the choir here, but I posted this rant my blog and thought I would share it here. Also i would like to thank Douglas in CT for his help in editing this and making it a much better read.

Lately I have talked to quite a few people who claim to be patriots. Matter of fact, it seems to be all the rage today to wave the flag and claim to be some form of patriot. However, in my opinion, most of these people are lying to themselves and everyone around them. Quite simply. in my opinion, a patriot is someone who supports and defends the constitution of the United States of America. That means every right granted by God and enumerated in the bill of rights. It doesn't mean you support the constitution except for the Amendments you don't like. That would just make you another permutation of Demo-Marxist or Neo-Fascist. Quite simply, a patriot is someone who takes their duty as a citizen of the United States seriously. They uphold the law of the land - even when it comes to Illegal Immigration; and seek to lessen the interference of Government upon our lives, because they know that our government has extended beyond the reach of its constitutional authority.

Good patriots stand up and take responsibility for their actions and for themselves. They keep a good rifle with enough ammunition to supply it in their homes, because they know that some day they may be called upon to defend the rights they hold so dear. Real patriots store enough food and water in their home to be prepared for whatever misfortune they find themselves in. They do not plan on letting the government take care of them should the worst happen. Real patriots know that respect is earned, not legislated or given away. They seek to be an example to others through clean living and by holding true to their values. They know that by doing this they will command the respect of those around them. Patriots never demand that an opinion or belief offensive to their own be silenced or corralled into "free speech zones". Nor do patriots seek to dictate the lives of others, interfere with their enjoyment of their rights, or try to tell others what they need and don't need. Patriots understand that a man doesn't need a hand out, but that he needs to be given an opportunity to work for an honest wage eventually. When a man is hungry enough, and cold enough from sitting outside in the rain, he will work. Lastly real patriots always question the motives and actions of their government. This is because they know that if they do not, then they may become that government’s servant - instead of the government rightfully being their servant.

If you can't say honestly in your heart that you meet the above description, then you are not a patriot.

If you only have a week’s food in your pantry, thinking that the government will take care of you in the worst of times, then you are not a patriot.

If you spend your money going to clubs and buying fancy electronics, you are a consumer slave not a patriot.

If you think that respect is not earned but must be legislated, then you are not a patriot.

If you think that opposing views, no matter how offensive, deserve to be silenced in order to bring harmony to our world, then you are not a patriot.

If you think government hand-outs and uncontrolled welfare are perfectly acceptable, and do not see it as an unjustifiable punitive tax on our most productive members of society, then you are not a patriot.

If you think our government is infallible and must be obeyed without question, you are not a patriot.

If you think that our country’s borders and national sovereignty are not worth defending, then you are not a patriot.

If you think that America has a responsibility to put the welfare of other nations before its own, then you are not a patriot.

If you live in debt to support a lifestyle you cannot afford, then you are not a patriot.

If you hire illegal aliens so that you can save a few dollars, then you are not a patriot.

If you feel that nothing is worth fighting and dying for, then you are not a patriot.

Lastly, if you feel that there is no way that “we the people” could bring our public servants back under our rightful control, then you are not a patriot.

In conclusion, I am tired of hearing from Demo-Marxists and Neo-Fascists about how patriotic they are. The fact is that they are not patriots. They are the cancer that is devouring this great nation. They are the same people who will never question authority or hold it accountable. These are the same people who spend all their money on flashy jewelry, expensive consumer electronics and mortgages they cannot afford. They are not true to their word, and often do not repay their debts. Every hurricane season you will see the loudest of these so-called "patriots" standing in the government hand-out lines, because they refuse to prepare - even though they know full well that they live in a disaster prone area.

I am a patriot. I am tired of carrying the dead weight of consumer slaves on my back. I am tired of paying taxes so the lazy can sit at home and watch TV. I am tired of these same lazy consumer slaves demanding that I surrender my Rights because they think that if I do, then the trains will run on time. I am tired of being told that I will respect this group of people, whether they have earned it or not, because the government says I have to. I am sick of hearing these same people say that we have no right to defend our borders or our precious national sovereignty. I am sick of hearing about companies who value the dollar more than liberty, and displace Americans from honest work by hiring illegal aliens. Lastly, I fear for my children who will have to live with the consequences resulting from the actions and decisions of these consumer slaves."

2 comments:

zoomer1 said...

I like the way Nick (and you) think.

Amy E said...

Thanks Marianne! ;-)