I have read and watched many news programs over the past few days, and am totally incensed at the way the coverage of the "tea parties" and related information is being portrayed. Now for the record, I do not watch Fox News. I watch ABC news more often than not, but do watch all stations for a broad viewpoint. I fail to understand why Fox News receives such a bad rap. It's not as if they are any worse than the other stations. None of them report the news anymore. I refuse to watch Charlie Gibson and others of his ilk, as they are trying to pass themselves off as journalists, when they are not. More and more lately "news reports" are blatant opinion pieces passed off as news. What happened to just reporting the facts and leaving the viewer/citizen the ability to discern their own opinion?
I take offenses at the "easily duped" comments. I am far from easily duped. Are you living in the same country I am? It doesn't sound like it. For me the "tea party" was not about complaining about Obama, but in allowing Americans to have their voices finally heard. While Fox News is not perfect, neither are any of the networks. They are way more biased and liberal, and are from equal and balanced in their own right. Proof in point is the lack of coverage for this event. As an independent I had Obama forced down my throat "ad nauseum". I can think for myself thank you, as can the majority of Americans. You do your fellow citizens a disservice when you say they are being manipulated by the "right wing", which is not a dirty word by the way. There is sound logic behind protesting AGAINST the government, it is not unpatriotic (it is a protected right). A matter of fact it is unpatriotic to not protest against your government when they are not living up to your expectations. In this instance, my complaints aren't directed towards one person, but towards the system as a whole, which is NOT working the way it should. It seems many have bought into the manipulation by the liberal media and have been manipulated by the left wing. (Actually what is this right wing-left wing nonsense?)
1 comment:
Amen sister. I agree with all you've said.
Post a Comment