I know it's two days past my birthday, but I like to celebrate it for about a week ;-) even the City of San Antonio celebrates my birthday week by having an Annual Fiesta that is attended by thousands. Just for me! LOL!
This morning the girls and their dad drove into town to see the new Hannah Montana Movie. Normally, I like to see a movie first before they see it, but I haven't been able to go as the baby isn't able to sit through a movie yet. Here's hoping it is acceptable, though I am sure they have seen worse just by the girls in the neighborhood walking home from school. The movie is rated G so I am hoping it is a true rating. The girls were of course excited as they don't often get to go to a movie theater, let alone with just their dad. They will of course talk him into buying them lunch and a lot of snacks from the snack bar. He is a pushover for them so of course he'll come home broke.
This left me alone in a quiet house with just the baby. I put him in his crib, by himself, around 10 a.m. and he laid there quietly talking to himself (or it might have been the ceiling fan, he is in love with the fan) for an hour! I was able to sweep the foyer, put laundry away, pick up some trash, and wash one dish drainer full of dishes before he started screaming. I then fed him, and we went to lunch at Sonic. Just us two! It feels strange.
He fell asleep on the way home, but woke up shortly afterwards, so I fed him again, and he fell asleep around 1 p.m. I managed to put a load of diapers in the washer, and finish the dishes (except one pan, it's soaking). This may not sound like a lot, and if you saw my house you'd think I hadn't done anything, but for me it's a lot. The baby is such a crier. I've taken to finally putting him down and letting cry or putting him in his swing. At three months he can sit for awhile while I wash dishes at least.
So, this was a great gift to be almost by myself for the day. I'd really love an entire day that I could just clean (sounds sick doesn't it) and mop my floors. I really love to have my house spotless, and to bake, though my DH would disagree. He thinks I like having the house messy. I really don't, I am just SO tired lately. PB (Pre-baby) I had finally established a house cleaning routine along with the home schooling routine and it was working great, but it all blew up when I became pregnant. The last part of the pregnancy was painful, and the aftermath of caring for a new baby has taken it's toll on this 40 year old. Man, babies are for the young let me tell you.
I really admire women like Michelle Duggar who can have a lot of children and Kate Gosselin too, and can keep their house clean. It's a dream of mine. But as someone once told me "the dirty dishes will still be there once your kids are grown and gone, so enjoy the kids and forget the mess". I am just not so sure my DH buys into this philosophy ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment