Next on the list is to get the room set up how I want it.
I will have to wait awhile, but keep my eyes open for several quilts in the sage green color, or maybe just get a variety of old patchwork quilts. My idea is to hang these on the wall by the metal loops that were used to tie down freight. These loops are located at the top of the wall.
In the picture above, the black solar lights are inserted into these loops. By hanging quilts by ribbons from these loops it will give a decorative look, plus a small amount of insulation. Plus, leaning against the wall during the heat or cold is a shock to the system. The plywood wall to the left has now been painted a beautiful sage green. The floor is now a grayish white due to the over spray from the walls and ceiling. I can't believe I didn't think about that, I was trying to save work by painting the floor before the furniture was moved back in (due to the weather), but now it all has to be taken out anyway to either paint the floor or put wood laminate flooring in (which I think will be beautiful). The table has been moved out and brought home. I am on the lookout for a bistro style table with two chairs to put against the wall. That way it will give the girls someplace to eat. I'd also like a picnic table for the porch where we will eat most of the time. All these "want to" and "nice to haves" will be waiting on the priority list, as the well is my first priority, then minimal electricity, then on to the addition, and finally the finishing touches.I will spend the weekend putting sheets on the beds, moving furniture and doing general cleanup of the cabin.
Items to take to the cabin this weekend are:
broom/mop
cleaners
lemon oil
sheets
comforter
t.v./dvd player
heater
shower rod and liner (buy liner at store) - I plan to use a quilt as a shower curtain. I saw this done in a former church member's home and liked it
water to flush toilet
t.p.
nightstand
dresser
trunk
loveseat
vacuum
tablecloth
curtain tiebacks
sewing machine
Once the cabin's bedroom is set up, I'd like to get busy on the items in the barn, but we'll see how my motivation goes, plus the baby's temperament.
No comments:
Post a Comment