Sunday, April 26, 2009

So Tired, Can't Sleep

I really hate that feeling, you know the one where you are so tired and want to sleep, but your mind is so active you can't. That's how I feel now.

Today was our monthly fellowship lunch after church. The last Sunday of the month we have lunch after church. It was really nice to talk with each other and not rush off right after worship services. Kim always makes great desserts.

Afterwards I had planned to drive to Sun Harvest to pick up a few herbal meds to help combat any viruses, or flu illnesses we contract. Hopefully none but we'll see, I like to be prepared.

I already have:

Elderberry tinctures and dried Elderberry
Yarrow
Goldenseal
Echinacea
Ginger

Looking for:

Bayberry
Boneset
Calendula
Ginger
Lemon balm
Oregon grape
Thyme

Spent the afternoon at the land going through only about 1/10 of the boxes. Made a small pile of stuff to burn and trash. And three containers for yard saling, and many more to keep (like Christmas decorations and plenty of boxes of sheets and blankets). The blankets I put in the cabin. The sheets I left until I get some shelving inside. I rescued a handful of baby toys to disinfect and two winnie the pooh stuffed animals to wash.

I think I'll have the washer moved up to the electric pole so I can wash pillows and other items for keeping and selling. Trying to decide if it would be better to have a yard sale at the land or the house. I don't REALLY want to take everything back to the house, but there is more traffic at the house and better chance of making some money. Or I could have one both places. Sell the stuff at the land there, and the house stuff at the house.

Water is connected back to the cabin, and we have flushing capability. Always a good thing. Now to get the shower hooked up.

Updated priorities for this week:

Finish loft over bed for girl's beds
Move dressers to cabin
Take both chairs to be upholstered
Remove bed from living room
Move book cases down
Clean out buffet and add shelves inside
Unpack dishes
Unpack linens
Clean out wood stove
Take out trash
Water flowers and veggies
Plant more veggies in containers

1 comment:

zoomer1 said...

Amy, your lists are always so helpful. I'm so glad you post them. Lately I've gotten some of my best deals on herbs from herbalcom.com

~Marianne