Drain attached to kitchen sink in cabin, and the boards finally laid down on the bridge (I took a picture, but have to get it developed). Finally, our bridge to no where, goes over the dry creek bed. We spent the evening picking up trash. While the girls tooled around on the four wheeler, James and I sat on the bench swing under the trees, near my old garden.
He was very relaxed swinging. Later, I opted to walk through the garden and coil up the hoses, and pull up tomato cages so that the grass could be bush hogged. I sat James in his car seat on the bench swing, and the girls would lightly push him every now and then. He fell asleep, and stayed asleep until we arrived home. He missed his nap earlier this morning, as my mom arrived, and he was distracted. He ended up taking an almost 3 hour nap this afternoon 2 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. I then bathed him, massaged him, dressed him, fed him and he fell asleep on my chest without complaint.
I packed up a grocery bag full of dirty clothing that was piled in a corner of the cabin. Rather than wash it in my hand washer, I brought it home to wash tomorrow. I also brought home a tub full of cups to wash. We brought most of the trash home too to put out at the curb, though some of the cardboard boxes and paper we will burn in the fire pit. I picked up as best as I could in the cabin, sweeping the carpet and the floors of excess sand, bagging up way too much trash, and scrap from building projects. Shook out the bedclothes, and cleaned the kitchen.
I desperately need the loft/platform for the girl's beds finished ASAP. This will provide much needed floor space to put the wardrobe/dresser in the room, and get the mattresses put up and not leaning against the living room wall.
My mom and Randy visited today, it was a very nice visit. We picked up lunch at Bill Miller's and ate at the land while sitting under the gazebo and talking. The bull frog's were very loud today, and the birds were extremely active. We identified the following: Mockingbird, Red wing blackbird, scissor tail, grackles, prairie falcon, red tail hawk, crested cara cara, cardinals, ducks, egrets and cranes. A lot of noise let me tell you ;-) Oh, it was peaceful out there, but the animals were quite loud.
No comments:
Post a Comment