Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update

It's been a couple of days since I posted. The baby had a doctor appointment for his eye infection on Thursday, and I took him in on Friday to the peditrician because he keeps going blue around the lips. I thought she would tell me it was nothing but his being cold or poor circulation like Taylor has, but she immediately put him in the hospital for two days of monitoring his heart and breathing. We were discharged around noon today. I am very tired. The girls stayed with their dad while I stayed in the hospital with James.

It turns out James has mild apnea caused by his reflux. His reflux had died down, but the doctor says he is having "silent reflux" and it is causing the apnea. He is back on the Zantac and sleeping with his bed inclined. I am keeping an eagle eye on his lips and his breathing.

No comments: